Funeral Quotes to Help Write a Eulogy
Writing a eulogy can be one of the most difficult tasks in the lead-up to a funeral. It can be challenging to express in words how much a person means to you, and it’s natural for writer’s block to take hold during this time.
When arranging a funeral, it can help to look elsewhere, because you’ll often find that someone else has found the words to showcase how you feel. We find that many people take beautiful quotes to inspire them to write a eulogy, or to use at the beginning, or conclusion of the service. We’ve gathered some favourites here.
- Precious jewel, you glowed, you shone, reflecting all the good things in the world. – Maya Angelou
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
- We are reminded how short life really is, and how we are just passing through. So, all the people you haven’t told you love lately, tell them, and live your days like you mean it. – Hal Sutton
- What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. – Helen Keller
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely. – Buddha
- People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
- There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. – Washington Irving
- Death ends a life, not a relationship. – Morrie Schwartz
- A death is not the extinguishing of a light, but the putting out of the lamp because the dawn has come. – Rabindranath Tagore
- One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can. – Frederick Buechner
- That best portion of a good man’s life, his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love. – William Wordsworth
- A new life begins for us with every second. Let us go forward joyously to meet it. We must press on, whether we will or not, and we shall walk better with our eyes before us than with them ever cast behind. – Jerome K. Jerome
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. – Anonymous
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. – Gandhi
- Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but live in thankfulness that he was – Hebrew Proverb
Contact Fry Bros
Fry Bros has the experience to help you plan a meaningful farewell for your loved one, and we’d be happy to assist you down to the finest detail. Give us a call on 0249336155 when you’re ready, and we’ll answer any questions you have during this difficult time.