Choose the Right Funeral Venue
Choosing the venue that fit with your wishes and those of your loved one is just one important part of the funeral planning process. Fry Bros funeral directors has three chapels, located in East Maitland, Maitland and Raymond Terrace. Our friendly and professional team will help you to choose the best one for you and your family, and you can rest assured that each chapel has a comfortable and inviting space for families to gather.
Our funeral homes are conveniently based near you, with our main office and chapel located at East Maitland. Our accessible locations enable us to deliver exceptional standards of care to families across the greater Maitland area, Hunter Valley and Port Stephens region.
Our funeral directors will take the time to understand your wishes, whether you’re pre-planning a funeral or arranging a farewell for a loved one. We’ll talk you through our available chapels, as well as provide information about venue options, to make the process as stress-free as possible.
Funeral homes in NSW: our chapels
Find out more about our three chapels based in East Maitland, Maitland and Raymond Terrace. If you need further information about what each chapel offe
- Located at 97 New England Hwy, Maitland (Rutherford)
- Non-denominational, modern-style chapel with air-conditioning and seating for approx.120 people
- Includes 2 LCD screens for photo slideshow presentations and reflection music
- Welcoming reception foyer suitable for pre-service fellowship and chapel overflow
- Live streaming available at no extra cost
- On-site parking
Choosing the perfect funeral venue in Maitland
When considering the venue:
- How many people are you expecting to attend the Service? Is the venue large enough to accommodate everyone, or is it too large? Public or private?
- Is there adequate seating?
- Do you require special facilities, for example audio or audio visual projection?
- Do you need disabled access?
- Are there any time restrictions at the venue?
- Graveside service
- A garden setting or family property
- A function centre or community hall
- A church or other place of worship
- A chapel
Types of funeral services
To help with your planning, here are a few options to consider:
- A service held in a church, chapel or venue of your choice, followed by a full cortege to the crematorium or place of burial, where the committal will take place.
- A service held in a church, chapel or venue of your choice, followed by a private cortege to the crematorium or place of burial, where only the immediate family is present to witness the committal.
- The entire service, including the committal, is held in a church, chapel or venue of your choice. At the conclusion of the service, the coffin or casket is farewelled from the church or chapel, and Fry Bros will privately convey your loved one to the cemetery or crematorium.
- The entire service, including the committal, is held at the graveside.
- A memorial or thanksgiving service is held in a church, chapel or venue of your choice. No coffin or casket is present at the service. This style of service usually occurs after a private burial or cremation. A memorial or thanksgiving service can be incorporated with the scattering of ashes.