Funeral Burial Service
Many people in NSW are choosing funerals for their loved one with modern details and personal touches, for a memorial that properly reflects the person’s life, character and memories. That said, the true essence of a funeral has never really changed, and the most common type of funeral is a memorial service in a church or chapel, followed by a burial or cremation.
A burial service is the most traditional of the two, but it should still be a fitting tribute to a life well lived. Fry Bros is a family-run funeral home servicing Maitland, Raymond Terrace and other nearby suburbs in Newcastle since 1889. Whatever your wishes, we’re there with you every step of the way to ensure we deliver a beautiful, meaningful service for your family and friends.
What you need to know about the common burial service outline
We believe that arranging a funeral shouldn’t be a burden, and we’ll provide a personal, sympathetic service from start to finish. So, when you call us to notify us of a death, we’ll begin contacting whoever is necessary – the hospital, coroner or nursing home – to arrange the necessary certificates and permits.
We’ll then establish a convenient time for you to meet with our funeral director, who can discuss the type of burial service outline you would like and begin to iron out the details. At this point, we can talk about your wishes in regards to:
- Floral arrangements
- Photographs, videos and other personalised touches
- Embalming and viewings
- Newspaper notices
We’ll also help you choose the right venue for your loved ones. Fry Bros has three chapels in East Maitland, Maitland and Raymond Terrace with comfortable, welcoming spaces for your family and friends. We’ll also talk you through other venue options, such as function centres, private properties and non-religious settings.
Why people are choosing a burial service in Maitland
- A funeral burial service is the generally accepted religious or cultural tradition
- The recently departed person specified that they want to be buried
- Families have already prepaid for a burial plot, to enable people to rest next to their spouse or family members
- Families want a permanent tombstone and a place they can visit to pay their respects, to help with the grieving process
- Burials enable families to dress the dead in attire they would have liked, and enable them to place special momentos in the coffin
If you would prefer a burial over any other option but are concerned about the environmental impact it can have, speak to Fry Bros about eco burial options.