We have updated our Covid-19 measures, please read them here
. To create your vaccination certicate, click here
Fry Bros » Arranging A Funeral » Burial or Cremation?
Burial or Cremation?
The decision of a burial or cremation is a personal Certain factors may influence your decision such as cost, religious or cultural traditions and family beliefs.The wishes of the deceased, if they are known, can also influence your decision.
Considerations when choosing a burial
- Burial is generally more expensive. The cost of purchasing the plot, headstone and other monumental stonemason work may need to be considered.
- Some cemeteries may have options of a lawn section or monumental section.
- A burial plot may be pre-purchased. You may wish to take this opportunity to purchase additional adjoining plots, so that family members may be buried along-side one another in the future.
Considerations when choosing a cremation
- The ashes may be placed in an urn and kept or scattered. This may be at a location with special significance.
- They may be interred in a cemetery or placed in a columbarium at a Memorial Park or Cemetery.
- Cremation is generally a more economical option
To help when planning a farewell, here are a few funeral service formats to consider:
- A Service held in a church, chapel or venue of your choice, followed by a full cortege to the crematorium or place of burial, where the committal will take place.
- A Service held in a church, chapel or venue of your choice, followed by a private cortege to the crematorium or place of burial, where only the immediate family is present to witness the committal.
- The entire Service, including the committal, is held in a church, chapel or venue of your choice. At the conclusion of the service, the coffin or casket is farewelled from the church or chapel, and Fry Bros will privately convey your loved one to the cemetery or crematorium.
- The entire Service, including the committal, is held at the graveside.
Respecting your family traditions and beliefs
Serving: Maitland, Newcastle, Port Stephens, the Hunter Valley and all surrounding areas.